Sweet Home 2018
Sweet Home is a research residency programme in domestic spaces that gives value and delivers new ways of doing and relating to each other by sharing our day-to-day life. We seek to create effective and affective ties between artists, curators, researchers and other cultural agents, transforming our homes into places of encounter that give birth to new practices from shared intimacy.
The topic of the present edition is nonproductivity.
Who and Where?
The residencies take place in the private homes of local cultural agents who live and work in Madrid. The open call is addressed to artists, researchers, curators and cultural managers working on the field of visual and performing arts.
Each host provides accommodation to the foreign residents, and will introduce the international cultural agent in his/her closest artistic and cultural context in Madrid.
During this edition of Sweet Home, six creators, curators, cultural managers and / or reasearchers will stay in residency in Madrid from May 30 to June 13, 2018.
How to participate?
Below you will find the info for the open call for local hosts and international guests.
- Local call for cultural agents from Madrid is open from January 18 to February 11, 2018. Inscription link
- International call for cultural agents is open from February 26 to March 21, 2018. Inscription link
Sweet home seeks to generate:
- Exchange and mobility, through a two-week residency programme.
- Professional networks and international collaborations, through a personalized agenda for each guest and collective visits to representative art spaces of Madrid.
- Transfer of knowledge and reflection, through public presentations of the work of the guests.
Sweet Home is organized by hablarenarte: in the framework of Curators' Network.
This edition of Sweet Home is supported by the creation grants of Madrid City Council