"Art is for me the only way to actively engage myself in protest and highlight issues of present day reality that need to be altered, so my works often reveal a concern with environmental issues or human rights violation."
Preoccupied by complex of identities found in oneself, and existing social tensions. His body of work contains issues that span from the environmental protest against the lack of responsibility and the significance air quality for life conditions in urban areas (Eco) to the works that refer to identity, homophobia and discrimination, aiming to raise awareness and create a place for social cohesion (LGBTeam); from the traumatizing existence of the self destructive contemporary man and necessary oil consumption (EXP(P)) to lugubrious profit registered in times of war (Still Life).
|Who||Sorin Oncu||Born||Serbia, 1980|
- SOLO EXHIBITIONS:
- 2012 "Isomorphism" Atelier 030202, Bucharest
- 2011 "Cuples" Kulturhaus, Bucharest
- 2009 “ECO” Calina Gallery, Timisoara
- GROUP EXHIBITION:
- 2012 "Humanity" Galeria 26, Bucharest
- 2011 "Political Mirage", Totem Il Canale, Venice;
- 2011 "Possible – Uncertain", Timco, Timisoara;
- 2011 "Silence Kills" Art Yourself Gallery, Bucharest;
- 2010 Timisoara Synagogue;