I am searching to create moments where things click.
My practice is idea based.
The main target of my work is to create a state of self-awareness in which the mystification of our reality is unveiled, thus raising questions and revealing relative ’truths’. My strategy is to interrogate the given reality through a series of connections.
For the time being, I'm interested in materializing concepts that are very difficult to put into words and in exploring significant everyday details that have the power to change the big picture. I try to work mainly with ideas that are of general concern, despite one's political or social affiliation; matters that resonate with anyone.
Each concept dictates its own way of revealing itself, so the means of expression are determined by this. So far, in my art practice I have experimented with various approaches, using sculpture, installation, drawing, photography, video, computer animation or digital generated images.
I'm preoccupied with finding relevant ideas that take form in a spectacular and aesthetic manner.
|Who||Radu Cioca||Born||Romania, 1982|
|Tel||0743 530 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Air de Chine [exporting air]Installation
The longest secondSculpture
1 square meter of thank you notesSculpture
THE END [just happened]Installation
Flags [in hoc signo vinces]Installation
Scratching the surfaceInstallation
- 23:59 – solo show / Jecza Gallery / Timisoara (RO) 2013-2014;
- “œconomy, an already tumultuous landscape where phantasms cross”- group show / Oberwelt e.V./ Stuttgart (DE) 2013
- Pushing Jesus – artists from Fabrica de Pensule / Larm Galleri / Copenhagen, (DK) 2013;
- The Whisperers – group exhibition, part of the Curators’ Network / Center for Contemporary Creation Matadero / Madrid, (ES) 2013;
- Impossibility vs. Self-Censorship – group exhibition, part of the Curators’ Network / Center for Contemporary Creation Matadero / Madrid, (ES) 2013;
- Exercises on Democracy – group exhibition / White House Biennial at Open Case 303 / (GR) 2013;