"Polish artist practically blending art, science, technology and engineering. "
In the creative process I approach the work with the attitude of an engineer, adapting the precise planning and scientific research, however focusing on the conceptual content rather than used techniques or materials.
A lot of these works explore rituals of everyday reality taking up a specific game with imagination and wisdom of a viewer, with his habits shaped by daily routine of contemporary world and his own presence in it. Most of them is in a close relation to the space and interactive - spectator is allowed to play with them or even to change their shape. My works confront actually present reality with it’s transformation to allow the viewer observe it in a new, fresh way. They usually contain specific, critical sense of humor that is not irony or cynicism, but is in a way serious. They often try to take actions commonly seen as impossible, useless, ineffective or too difficult.
|Who||Przemyslaw Jasielski||Born||Poland, 1970|
Paper Bridge Over Stone WaterSculpture
- Chosen group shows:
- 1992 Bratislava (Slovakya) “Projekt Istropolitana”
- 1992 Polish Sculpture Centre Oronsko “Sites no sites”
- 1993 Warsaw CSW Ujazdowski Castle “Ideas without ideology”
- 1995 Mosina “5362m3 Gallery”
- 1995 MCS Poznan “Space and dimensions” – Sounds of my room
- 1996 Wroclaw BWA Gallery “Polimetrie” – Sounds of my room
- 1996 Katowice BWA Gallery “Generation 96” – Sounds of my room
- 1998 Drewen (Germany) “Partie 6” – To see the sound of an angel wings
- 1999 Poznan AT Gallery “30/30”
- 2000 MCS InnerSpaces Poznan – Sounds of my room