Founding member of Protokoll Studio in Cluj, Romania (2000), and of the noise-music bands Alergische Platze and Ovekk_Finn. Currently he is doing sound experiments as Jackie Triste.
His work is distinguished by an analytical interest in everyday reality and critical reflection on present. Most of the used issues are appearing in his personal micro-environment: the family and living-field.
His present art practice focuses on the social and economic value of art. Can art be functional or useful? How can art display real social effect?
His recurrent issues (family, community, work, education) are elaborated through public-art events, community building and educational projects. Some of these projects are working outside of art world, or they try to grab outsiders into the art field. Working with peripheral issues generates the rethinking of his professional and social position.
Lately he is reflecting on current social-political changes of his environment by creating drawings or objects. These works have a documentary character, are built on larger historical view and use a recycling working method.
|Who||Péter Szabó||Born||Romania, 1978|
News From The FutureInstallation
Common WorkSound art
Learning Years - New BeginningInstallation
Group sits aroundInstallation
Good Morning!Cinematic arts
- 2012 ARTISTS AT SCHOOLS, a tranzit.hu project, Budapest (Hungary)
- 2010 SECOND ORDER DESIRES, Tabacka Kulturfabric, Kosice (Slovakia)
- 2009 GOOD MORNING! Public art project in Bucuresti, Ploiesti, Sinaia, (Romania)
- 2008 HAVE YOU EVER BARTERED BEFORE? Departure Art Centre, London
- 2005 EUROPA, project presented in IDEA, art+society magazine, Cluj-Napoca (RO)
- 2012 EUROPEAN TRAVELLERS, Kunsthalle, Budapest (HU)
- 2011 UNFREE FREEDOM, Center for Book and Paper Arts, Columbia Collage, Chicago (USA)
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2012 tranzit.org Residency at MuseumQuartier, Vienna
- 2011 Shortlisted to Szpilman Award, Germany
- 2009 Studio Award 2009, Young Artists Studio Association, Hungary
- 2009 Scholarship of Communitas Association, Romania
- 2008 Künstlerhauser Worpswede residency, Germany
- 2008 Attic Arts residency, ICR (Romanian Cultural Institution), London