Paweł Borkowski creates his work in many forms, including drawing, photography, multimedia and spatial forms.
The artist’s favourite technique is drawing, which is often the inspiration for creating other multimedia and spatial works. He raises issues relating to art in his work including:
– how a given work of art has arisen (projects: Dj Fafe Dźwięki , Podrуż [Journey] , Rezydencja [Residence]),
– how the world of art is perceived by the viewer (Młoda Wena [Young Inspiration] project),
– the openness and accessibility of art (projects: Rezydencja and ART SMS);
– the transformation of art into advertising, exerting a negative influence on society (the Panki / Banki [Punks/Banks] project and BUNT MATERII [MATERIAL REBELLION] from the Rezydencja project).
He is fan of art that draws on joy, closer to happiness, and not necessarily in its hedonist version.
|Who||Paweł Borkowski||Born||Poland, 1976|
- Individual exhibitions:
- Residence / WITRYNA / Warsaw 2012
- Subjective map of Torun / installation in the city / CCA Torun 2010
- Young inspiration / concept art, object, happening / TEMPS D'IMAGES / CCA Warsaw 2010
- PANKI/BANKI / drawing, contemporary media / Kordegarda / Warsaw 2009
- Journey / drawin, contemporary media / Toruń 2004
- Group exhibitions:
- Sick art / Jerusalem / Warsaw 2012
- Hożatry / Warsaw 2010
- WRO International Festival of Intermedial Art / Wroclaw 2005