The artist makes use of various media in the creation of her works –
textual objects and installations, painting, animation, written drawings
and hypertexts in galleries and public spaces.
Dawidek’s latest project is a three-dimensional, non-linear textual-visual “story within a story”. With the help of the body of the text, the artist talks about corporeality understood as a continuous narrative, a text in process. The “novel” has assumed the form of a map of the body, across which the viewer (reader) may travel, choosing their own route among 25 room-chapters describing limitations, emotionality, language and the behaviour of the body.
|Who||Małgorzata Dawidek Gryglicka||Born||Poland, 1976|
BODY STORIES 2013Installation
Topography of Intimacy 2013Installation
- -[October-November] Składaki / Folds up –Wrocław Contemporary Museum, Wrocław
- -[May] Krótka Historia Przypadku / Short Story of a Chance – Gallery of Częstochowa City.
- -[April-May] te[k]sty / te[k]sts, Foksal Gallery Warsaw
- -[Feb-March] Errata, Muzalewska Gallery, Poznań
- -[June-August] Krótka Histori Przypadku / Short Story of a Chance, Corporation Ha!art Gallery
- -[April] Goodbye, see you tomorrow, AT Gallery, Poznan
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2012 – The Ministry of Art and National Heritage Scholarship Młoda Polska/Yang Poland
- 2010 – National Cultural Centre Award given for the best doctoral dissertation
- 2010 – 1st Award in the Stanisław Grochowiak Polish Poetry Competition
- 2010 – The Ministry of Art and National Heritage Scholarship
- 2007-2008 – Scholarship of the Minister of Science and Information /Germany, UK
- 2005 – The President of Poznań Artistic Scholarship
- 2005 – Polish-American Poet Academy Award
- 2004-2005 The Pollock-Krasner Foundation Artistic Scholarship
- 2001–2002 – The Ministry of Art and National Heritage Scholarship
- 2000 – The Rector of Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań Scholarship