Indeed, at first sight it's all there, mostly in the form of small drawings and mixed media panels, or in room installations: the bodies, the boobs, the (s)dicks, the sex, the fashion, the kitsch, the bunnies, the sunglasses, the beauty nails, the Teletubbies, good old Mickey Mouse, the gender trouble, the shrill colors of advertisement, the hype of the new media, even the specters of religion roaming among the earthly sinners at the supermarket.
Rasovszky's works are characterized by a fresh roughness and rawness, albeit never taking delight in trash. Nonetheless, they always espouse an in–your–face–attitude, sometimes marked by anger, melancholy, even bitterness, sometimes by crude irony and humor.
text by Dr. Jörg Scheller
|Who||Lea Rasovszky||Born||Romania, 1986|
- Selected exhibitions:
- 2012- The Savages, Atelier 35, Bucharest, Romania
- 21 works acrylic on polystyrene, 50x50 cm, 2010 – 2012 + live potted plants
- 2011- MEN, Atelier 35, Bucharest, Romania (Curator Silvia Saitoc)
- 16 mix technique drawings on various sized paper
- 2011- Sorrow, Heartache, Recovery & Shit, AlertStudio, Bucharest, Romania
- 8 drawings – oil pastel on paper, 2010-2011 + 4 installations (neon, readymade objects)