"CULTURE FOR EVERYONE"
Szewczyk’s work oscillates between various themes, which is why it is difficult to specify the main topic of his explorations.
One of his areas of research is that of growing up and masculinity. A reflection of these themes appears at various stages of his work, from the curious act: Good bye
home sweet home (2008) to the Kozacy (2012) project. The second area in which Szewczyk moves concerns the perception of reality. The project I like all these pictures (2009), where the artist is both the curator of the exhibition and the material, combines these two areas.
Since 2012, thanks to work on the set of the film Performer, the artist has increasingly boldly explored film space and has tried to find a common denominator for the world of cinematography and visual arts.
|Who||Jan Szewczyk||Born||Poland, 1986|
Head in aquriumInstallation
- SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITION:
- "Head in an aquarium", BWA, Zielona Gora, PL
- " ", Poznań International Fair, Poznan, PL
- "I like all these pictures", Starter Gallery, Poznan, PL
- SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITION:
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2011 - Distinction at and 8th Edition of Samsung Artmaster competition
- 2009 - Scholarship in National College Art and Design in Dublin (2009). Distinction at
- 2008 - Main prize winner: Dolina Kreatywna
- 2007 - Distinction at and 8th Edition of Samsung Artmaster competition