He studies the feasibility of applying various forms of visual narration as an instrument of theoretical reflection, above all in the fields of philosophy of art and film criticism.
He is the co-creator of the gonzo curatorial projects, raising issues linked with institutional criticism and the media's reception of art. Activities of this type are usually ephemeral performances, involving virtual institutions of art, fictional artists and non-existent exhibitions created specially for the given event.
As an artist working on the border of artistic theory and practice, Woynarowski often takes up themes associated with the “archaeology of the avant-garde”, pointing out similarities between ancient works of art and artistic achievements of the 20th and 21st century.
In his work, he also deals with post-humanist themes. In many projects, he dispenses with an “anthropomorphic” hero in favour of an analysis of processes occurring in the human environment.
|Who||Jakub Woynarowski||Born||Poland, 1982|
In the Air, Ashore and on the SeaInstallation
- 2014 - “Impossible Objects”, Polish Pavilion at the 14th International Architecture Exhibition, Venice (with Institute of Architecture - Dorota Jędruch, Marta Karpińska, Dorota Leśniak-Rychlak, Michał Wiśniewski)
- 2014 - "Saturnia Regna", BWA Warszawa, Warsaw, solo exhibition
- 2014 - "As You Can See: Polish Art Today", Museum of Modern Art, Warsaw, group exhibition
- 2014 - "Czech Pope!", MeetFactory, Prague, group exhibition
- 2013 - "There will be a(rt)ction! The 2013 collection", Bunkier Sztuki, Cracow, group exhibition
- 2013 - "Corpus Delicti", CCA Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw, solo exhibition
- 2013 - "Midnight Show", BWA Design Gallery, Wroclaw, group exhibition
- 2013 - "Outopos", Bunkier Sztuki, Cracow, part of the project "Dimensions of Utopia"
- 2013 - "Impossibility vs. Self-Censorship", Intermediae, Matadero, Madrid, group exhibition
- 2013 - "Civitas Munita", 5. ArtBoom Festival, Cracow, group exhibition
- 2013 - "Catalogue of Accidents", Zderzak Gallery, Cracow, group exhibition
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2011 - GRAND PRIX, 1st Polish Competition for Art Catalogues and Albums [OKKAS], Warsaw
- 2007 - GRAND PRIX, 18th International Festival of Comics [MFK], Łódź
- 2007 - GRAND PRIX. 13th National Festival of Author's Animated Films [OFAFA], Cracow (students category)