"It is nice to work independently!"
Hablar en Arte has the status of a non profit organization and was founded in 2001 in Madrid by a group of friends of the Madrid Faculty of History of Arts in order to realize cultural projects in their freetime. Since 2007 in counts with a fixed staff of four to five people and several external colaborators.
Hablar en Arte has no proper exhibition space. It is just an office. We understand the association as a platform that realizes projects always in collaboration with other entities and ocupying the spaces that best fit with our activites.
- "Let us be known; let us be seen, and let us shine" (2013), hosting the general exhibition project of the Curators' Network at Intermediae, Matadero Madrid.
- "The Intervened Library" (2011- ) - itinerant exhibition for Spain and other European countries (www.ingrafica.org)
- "Lugares de Tránsito" (2010 - 2012) - bilateral meetings and exhibitions between 16 Latin American artists in Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Panama, Guatemala, Miami / USA, Cuba and Spain (www.lugaresdetransito.net)
- "Reproduction Repetition and Rebellion - Multiplicity in Spanish emerging art" (2009 - 2011) - itinerant exhibition for Austria, Poland, Slovenia, Romania, Croatia and Serbia
- "Palabras Habladas" - performative poetry cycle at Madrid and Alicante (since 2008)