Apparatus 22 works with ideas and actions that will ignite the critical potential of clothing and fashion.
We started the collective after a period of confusion and searches following our work as part of the progressive fashion label Rozalb de Mura (2006-2010).
Departing from our previous experiences in the world of fashion and trying to escape its bounds, we shifted our perspective and started to work in the more inclusive art realm, with projects in which we mix reality with fiction, storytelling with a critical approach and in which we use knowledge and experience from design, sociology, literature and economics.
|Who||Erika, Maria, Dragos Olea, Farcas, Olea||Born||Romania, 1979|
- one of the 8 artists contributing to the KILOBASE BUCHAREST A – H, experimental alphabet book on Bucharest (publisher: Mousse, Milan) edited for the «Image projected until it vanishes» exhibition at Museion Bolzano, Italy (May 29 – August 28)
- “Desire is WAR”, The Contemporary Art Gallery, Brukenthal Museum, Sibiu, Romania (July 7 - 31)
- “Situated Knowledge: I follow Rivers of Thoughts” at Romanian Institute for
- Culture and Humanistic Research Venice (September 15 - November 14); joint project Apparatus 22, Olivia Mihaltianu and Anca Mihulet
- "Patterns of Aura“ performance commissioned for MAK NITE, MAK – Austrian Museum of Applied Arts / Contemporary Art, Vienna, Austria (September 20)
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- fellowship Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany
- residency Museums Quartier, Vienna, Austria
- research residency at Gyeonggi Creation Center, Gyeonggi, South Korea