"I use a rather wide range of media, such as painting, installations or objects. My painting is realistic, loaded with historical references and metaphysical significances inspired from my personal biography, but also from the East-European recent history track, which address to the viewer’s feelings and tend to identify the important moments of an entire generation formed in the communist period. What links all these aspects is a feeling of aesthetic romanticism. "
He graduated from the University of Arts and Design, Cluj-Napoca (RO), Department of Painting (class of 2001). He currently lives and works in Bucharest (RO).
Zoltan Bela draws inspiration from his very personal archive of memories, experiences and feelings. Zoltan Bela’s paintings bear the mark of antithesis, sometimes as a therapy to purge inner fears, sometimes as a mirror of reality. Composition, light and contrasts are very important for him, as a heritage from the Baia Mare and Cluj Schools of Art.
He adds his warm personal touch to the collective memory of an Eastern European childhood, youth, and maturity. Subjects keep varying, therapy through art continues.
|Who||bela zoltan||Born||Romania, 1977|
- Solo Exhibitions (selection):
- 2011 - In meditation: Feeling the Silence, Anca Poteraşu Gallery, Bucharest, RO
- 2010 - A certain time, a certain place, a certain state, Little Yellow Studio, Bucharest, RO
- 2009 - Self Reflecting 30, Point Contemporary Gallery, Bucharest, RO
- 2009 - Transition Icons (curated by Valerio Dehò and Cosmin Năsui), Carini & Donatini Gallery, IT
- 2007 - Car Wreck, Sadaba, ES.
- Group Exhibitions (selection):
- 2011 - The New Figurative - Victoria Art Centre, Bucharest