His project "Monteagudo" focuses on the eponymous place in rural Galicia, where the German sculptor Ulrich Rückriem has installed one of his most ambitious sculptural interventions, which is arranged by pointing at strategic places according to the geography and landscape features in the space.
"Monteagudo. Natureza! Estás soa?" is the title of the film and the project's main piece. Filmed over a period of three years, it consists of a set of still shots in which light, weather and the passage of the seasons are recorded in the images like signs of the interaction between the sculpture and its surroundings. In this sense, the construction of a landscape between the static (sculptural) and the temporal (natural phenomena) takes as its motto Derrida's phrase: "nature does not exist, only its effects".
|Who||Álvaro Negro Romero||Born||Spain, 1973|
Monteagudo. Natureza! Estás soa?Cinematic arts
- “Abro a janela e respiro o ar fresco do fin do mundo”, Carpe Diem Arte e Pesquisa, Lisboa, Portugal, 2010
- “Arquitectura de sons infraleves”, Galería Mario Sequeira, Braga, Portugal, 2006
- “Ok! Inside, Time and Outside”, Galería Fúcares, Madrid, Spain, 2005
- “Lugares de Incerteza”, dentro del proyecto “Look up! Natural Porto Art Show”, Palacete Pinto Leite, Oporto, Portugal, 2010
- “Mapas, cosmogonías e puntos de referencia”, CGAC, Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2007
- “Cine y casi cine” (programa audiovisual), MNCARS, Madrid, Spain, 2005
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2º premio Concurso Bienal de Fotografía Purificación García, Spain, 2010
- Beca Unión Fenosa de creación artística en el extranjero, Spain, 2007
- Beca de la Fundación Pedro Barrié de la Maza para la ampliación de estudios de posgrado. MA Fine Art, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, London, UK, 2002