Lisa Meixner works with existing words and objects and creates an enlarged etymology via associative research that becomes installations, moving image work, and sculpture. With a combination of the historical, mythological and personal, she reexamines the words and objects that fascinate her until their meanings are revealed to be increasingly elusive, undermining rigid definitions in favour of varied, even infinite possibilities and understandings. Her works mix personal logic with scientific inquiry in an attempt to depart from linear progression and materialise a never-ending radial thinking process.
|Who||Meixner Lisa||Born||Germany, 1983|
the rising snakeCinematic arts
testing two forcesScenic arts
Divide et impera (divide and rule)Photography
- Lummerland II, Meet Factory, Prague
- Spuren legen, Bezirksmuseum Mariahilf, Wien
- Baby, I lost my Handshoes..., KEX, Vienna
- Baby, I lost my Handshoes...,Forum da Maia, Porto
- left and right – links und rechts, Austro Sino Arts Program, Beijing
- Übermorgenkünstler II, Heidelberger Kunstverein
- Urbanes Leben, Stuttgart Kunstverein
- Lummerland I, Toves Galleri, Kopenhagen
Awards and Scholarships (selection)
- 2013 residency in Prague, with the Meet Factory studio programme
- 2010 three month residency in Chengdu, China with the studio programme of BMUKK.